Equinox features the exciting and exclusive RokMooMenu system for the ultimate in menu functionality and style, as well as the popular and reliable RTSplitMenu. An option for Suckerfish is also included. Here you can read an overview of the Equinox menu configuration options.
Video Tutorial Currently Available!
Launch the Joomla Menu Setup Video Tutorial now! (Requires Flash)
Selecting your Menu Type
Equinox allows you to choose from 3 menu options:
- RokMooMenu – The exciting new menu system based on the ever popular Suckerfish menu style, featuring mootools powered transitions and effects.
- Suckerfish – The versatile dropdown menu is now an option in combination with RokMooMenu to minimise library conflicts.
- SplitMenu – Then venerable SplitMenu is a solid choice for navigation. It works by rendering the top-level menu options horizontally, and the submenu/child items are rendered in a module on the side.
You can designate which menu style you want to use on your site in the Template Manager.
- Bgiframe – Can be true or false. Only turn on if you are having problems with IE and z-index. This feature is experimental.
- Delay – Defaults to 500ms. This is the how long you can mouse off the menu before it vanishes.
- Props – These are the properties that will be applied to the menu. Can be any combination of opacity, width, height. The two properties, width and height are affected by the transition defined in opts.
- Duration – the time in ms the animation will run for.
- Fps – speed of the animation – leave at 100 for best results.
- Transitions – any of the available MooTools transitions. See below for more details.
For example, "Bounce.easeIn or Bounce.easeOut or Bounce.easeInOut" produce a bouncing effect.
For more details with diagrams, visit the Mootools documentation site
To have specific menu items appear as sub items, you must assign them to the specific navigation item in which they will originate from. The following tutorial will show you how simple it is to create your ideal menu system.